Monday, September 29, 2008

Overweight and out of shape





Yes, yes, i've finally got to admit it... i am overwieght and out of shape!


Funny that it took my new Wii Fit to drill it down deep into my head that it's about time to get serious about the whole getting fit thing (i know , i know, i'm a doctor and all and i should know better... just make sure you're not the pot calling the kettle black).

My BMI is 27 (to be fair, BMI [Body mass index], is not an absolutely accurate measurement as it does not discriminate very well between muscle mass and fat mass...but still, putting egos aside...).

So i've got to lose about 10kg or so... yikes!

Trouble is i'm such a food-maniac. Thanks to my wife who's been slowly 'training' me to eat slower and eat lesser (i absolutely love her tenacity with me) ... i would like to think i'm improving but man, do i have a long long way to go.

Need to exercise more.
More badminton (actually, just got to be more regular that's all)
More basketball (well, actually got to get back to playing it)
More Wii fit ;)

got to really count the calories from now on... so to speak.

But pork... well, i can still have my pork ;) hehe






No comments: